On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaced the Data Protection Act of 1998.
GDPR states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary and solely for the purposes of which we have informed you.
- Kept securely.
- We collect data about you when you start to use our boarding services.
- This data may include, but is not limited to, your name, your address, your mobile and home telephone numbers, your email address, your dog's details and your vet's details.
- We use this information to conduct business with you, for internal record keeping and, occasionally, for marketing purposes.
- To enable us to deliver a first class service we may use service providers, such as cloud based software providers, to assist with the day to day management of your bookings and for accounting purposes. The companies hosting these software systems are GDPR compliant.
- Your data is stored for the length of time we consider you an active client, and for a period of 7 years following the termination of business between us. This period is determined by HMRC who request that business records are retained for this period.
- You have a right to ask for details of the data that we hold on you and can request for that data to be deleted. If you have any complaints about the way that we are handling your data, in the first instance, please contact me, Wendy Seegar, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy with our response or believe that we are not processing your data in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Contact details are on their website – www.ico.org.uk.
- We will never knowingly sell your data to a third party without your consent.